Supporting the learning and development of your child is our top priority. We take pride in the high-quality curriculum, modern premises and individual approach.
Our staff have over 50 years experience between us. We have a Qualified Teacher, two staff members who hold BA (Hons) Early Years qualification Level 6, one staff member who holds level 5 and all other staff who hold level 3 qualifications
- All staff are Paediatric First Aid Trained
- Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is able to support children with any additional needs or disabilities
- We work closely with other professionals including health visitors and speech and language therapists. We are able to assess children's speech and language and implement additional supportive activities.
- Children can start with us from 2 Years old.
- Each session caters for up to 18 children, to which there are always 4/5 members of staff.
- The children are offered healthy snacks each session.
- Sessions run from 09.00-12 and 12.30-15.30
- Lunch runs from 12-12:30, allowing parents the option of sessional care or full day care.
- The playroom is bright, spacious and on one level to allow safe access around the room and into the outdoor area.
- We offer 15/30 hours government funding and Golden Tickets
- Our last Ofsted inspection was 2019 where we were awarded Outstanding and Good! For our full report follow: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/16/251528
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Humpty Dumpty Playgroup follows the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, to plan and provide a range of child and adult-led play activities, helping children to make progress in each of the 7 areas of learning and development. For more information on the curriculum follow link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/971620/Development_Matters.pdf
- Children start to learn about the world around them from the moment they are born. The care and education offered by our friendly Early Years team helps children to continue to do this by providing all of the children with interesting activities that are appropriate for their age and stage of development
- Each child's learning is individually tailored by using a key-person system. The staff member observes their key-child, and assesses their development through an online Learning Journal called 'Tapestry'. From the observations, the staff member implements activities for that child. Every child is unique, and all activities implemented can be differentiated to support each child's learning and development.
- Humpty Dumpty Playgroup recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All staff see themselves as partners with parents in providing care and education for their children.
- Play helps young children to learn and develop through doing and talking, which research has shown to be the means by which young children learn to think.
Tapestry 'On-line Learning Journal'
- Each child's learning and development is tracked using 'Tapestry', an online learning journal. This is updated weekly by the child's keyperson so parents are able to see what their child has been doing at playgroup. All observations of the children are linked to the 7 areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. Parents are also able to add to their child's learning journey. (https://powellcorderoy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Tapestry-Guide-For-Parents-Android-A5-Booklet.pdf)
- At Humpty Dumpty Playgroup we ensure that our setting is fully inclusive to every child's individual needs.
- If the child's key-person has any areas of concern, they will work with our SENCo, the child's parents and child to support any further interventions where necessary. We work closely with the Local Children's Centre and Health Visitor's. We are able to implement a speech and language assessment in the setting, and with parent consent we are able to contact outside agencies for additional support
- We use symbols in our daily visual timetable for all children, in the playroom and toilet area. One staff member is trained to use PECS and Schematics systems. All staff are trained in using Makaton.
Academic Year 2021/22
- Return Monday 6th September
- Half-term 25th - 29th October
- Return Monday 1st November
- Term ends 17th December
- Return Tuesday 4th January
- Half-term 21st - 25th February
- Return Monday 28th February
- Term-ends 8th April
- Return Monday 25th April
- Half-term 30th May - 3rd June
- Return Monday 6th June
- Term ends 15th July