Latest Newsletter Autumn Term
Humpty Dumpty Playgroup
Mobile: 07837 154081 (playgroup hours only)
Facebook: Humpty Dumpty playgroup
Autumn term newsletter Sept - Oct
Playgroup re-opens on Monday 6th Sept.
We are looking forward to welcoming back our returning children and welcoming all our new children.
- As the government have been updating covid rules for Early Years settings, we are now able to invite new parents into the setting to have a look around, however, we will require you to wear a mask.
- We will continue with the staggered procedures of children coming in and out of the setting from the blue gates.
- We found that the children came into the setting and settled in much more quickly being given the independence of putting away their lunches and greeting their peers.
- We will still require the children to wash their hands as soon as they enter the setting.
Our topic for the first half of term will be
'All about Me'
The Department of Education have made changes to the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, many of these changes are around children's health and wellbeing.
During the term our activities will include.
- Who's in my family?
- How much sugar is hidden?
- What I should and should not eat/drink to be healthy
- This is the way we brush our teeth
- Having fun outside.
Have you been on our new website? https://www.humptydumptykesgrave.co.uk
- The website is continuously updated with information, term dates, weekly topics etc.
- You can find links to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- We have added a page to let you know what the children have been up to each week with some ideas of things you could do at home, and what we will be doing the following week.
Health and Safety
We will continue to follow all government Covid-19 guidelines Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (August 2021)
- If by some miracle the sun comes out, we are not permitted to put sunscreen on your child, therefore could you please ensure you have put sufficient sunscreen on your child before coming into the setting. For those children who are with us all day, if your child comes in with a NAMED bottle of sunscreen, we can support them to apply it.
- Please can all children wear a NAMED hat for outside play.
- NO crocs, flip flops, jelly shoes or strappy sandals will be permitted to be worn by the children as these cause accidents when the children are running and climbing in our outdoor area. Sensible sandals eg. Clarks that support the child's feet will be permitted.
- When the children play in the water, we put wellies on them, however they still end up with wet feet!! Please could you add a few extra pairs of socks in your children's bags along with change of clothes.
Dates for your diary
- Term begins Monday 6th September
- Half-term Monday 25th to Friday 29th October
- Return Monday 1st November
- Please NO nut or egg products due to children with allergies (eg. Kinder hippo bar, peanut butter or egg mayonnaise or chocolate spread sandwiches, scotch eggs and cereal bars containing nuts)
- Please only ONE treat item
- Please be aware that lots of 'healthy' cereal bars or 'healthy' fruit bars/winders/chews/drinks can contain as much sugar as a child's daily amount!
- Grapes must be cut in half long ways to reduce the risk of choking.
If a problem arises adhering to these requests, please feel free to chat with Wendy.
- Could you ensure that your child's bag and clothing (especially coats) are clearly marked as this assists us in finding your child's bag/clothing more promptly when having to change clothes or going outside.
- Please can you ensure that there is always a change of clothes, especially underwear in your child's bag. Due to government guidelines on Covid-19, we are unable to hold stock of spare clothes.
- In addition, please could you ensure that your child brings in a named drinks bottle filled with either water or sugar-free cordial only?
Keeping in touch
If for any reason we must close, you will be contacted via email and text. Please ensure we always have your latest contact details.
- You can find images of what the children have been doing on our 'Humpty Dumpty Playgroup' Facebook page.
- Don't forget to look at your child's 'Tapestry' regularly to catch up with what your child has been playing and learning during the week. You can also add images to your child's Tapestry so we can see what things you have been doing at home/holiday.
Adding an entry to my child's Tapestry. Please follow link for instructions
CHILD ABSENT FROM PLAYGROUP:
We MUST ask that you notify the playgroup on 07837 154081/07816 505423 or email: email@example.com if your child will not be attending playgroup on their nominated session for any reason. If you do not contact us regarding a child's absence, we must adhere to our 'Absent Child policy'. All policies for Humpty Dumpty Playgroup are inside the setting and can be accessed by parents at any time.
COVID 19 Information
For us to continue to stay open, we continuously make changes to the setting as stipulated in the government guidance.
All staff have now had both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
If a child/staff member in the setting starts to feel unwell and shows any of the Covid-19 symptoms, we will follow the guidance from Public Health England. Child/staff member will be sent home and advised to get tested for COVID-19. All parents will be advised immediately if any child/staff member has tested positive.
If a member of your family has tested positive for Covid-19 or have been in close contact with anyone showing Covid-19 symptoms, please do not send your child into playgroup, follow the government guidelines.
If there is anything you are ever unsure of, please do not hesitate to ask
If you feel you need additional support during the COVID-19, here are a few contact details we have been asked to give to parents.
NSPCC Support for parents during COVID-19 https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/coronavirus-advice-suppport-children-families-parents/
MIND Coronavirus and wellbeing https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
Information for parents and carers to help prepare for the wider opening of nurseries, schools, and college. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers/reopening-schools-and-other-educational-settings-from-1-jun
Signposting parents to information and support material for children with SEND
National Autistic Association https://www.autism.org.uk/
Mencap helpline https://www.mencap.org.uk/
£13.50 per session (£4.50 per hour)
£2.00 per lunch session
If you pay for your child's sessions, and your child is off sick, you are still required to pay for your child's place in the setting. Additionally, if you are going on holiday, you must let us know 2 weeks in advance or you will be charged for any missed sessions.
GOVERNMENTS 15 HOUR FUNDING:
All children are eligible for the government's 15 hours of free funding the TERM AFTER THE CHILD'S 3RD BIRTHDAY.
Lunch can either be paid for @£2 per sitting/invoiced each half-term, or you are able to use 30 mins out of your child's funding.
GOVERNMENTS 30 HOUR FUNDING &TAX-FREE CHILDCARE
If this is something you are interested in for your child, please visit the childcare choices website. www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
We require your 11-digit code by 10th December 2021 at the latest for your child to be eligible for Spring term 2022.
GOLDEN TICKETS/ELIGIBLE FOR 2-YEAR-OLD FUNDING:
If you have been issued with a Golden ticket for your 2-year-old, or a letter from Suffolk County Council, you are eligible for 15 hours of free funding. We will need to be given your Golden ticket before applying for funding. Please check www.suffolk.gov.uk/two to find out if your child is eligible.
After a child is absent due to diarrhoea/sickness, parents are asked to keep their child at home for 48 HOURS AFTER THE LAST EPISODE of diarrhoea/sickness. If you bring your child in before the 48 hours, we will have to adhere to our 'Managing children who are sick, infectious, or with allergies' policy and ask you to take your child home.
If a child/parent is tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the setting, and follow government advice.
NOTIFICATION OF CLOSURE DUE TO WEATHER/CHILD ILL IN SESSION:
If playgroup is going to be closed due to the weather, you will be notified via text message. Also, if your child is ill during the session, we will phone you and ask you to come and collect your child. Therefore, it is imperative that we always have your up-to-date mobile number.
Are requested to take reasonable steps to let playgroup staff know if you will be late collecting your child, or if another individual is collecting your child, on 07837 154081. If after 1 hour we have been unsuccessful in contacting you/another family member, we must adhere to our 'Uncollected Child policy'. All policies for Humpty Dumpty Playgroup are inside the setting and can be accessed by parents at any time.
In keeping with our philosophy of supporting positive behaviour, we ask that parents agree to support us by considering the appropriateness of toys available to their child. Electronic games, weapons, cartoon or superhero images and their actions are not considered helpful in social integration and would not be supportive of our educational principles.
The internet is a key part of everyday life in our communities. However, the internet can also pose risks for children and young people, eg:
- Under-developed social skills
Keeping under-fives safe online
Ofcom's latest research has shown that 86% of 3-4-year-olds have access to a tablet at home and 21% have their own tablet.
EVERYONE: Shares responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people irrespective of individual roles. At Humpty Dumpty Playgroup, we have a responsibility to children to ensure our practice conforms to the requirements of the Suffolk County Safeguarding Children's Trust; as well as any specific roles and responsibilities underpinned by the Early Years Statutory Guidance. For further information please see our 'Safeguarding Children policy'.
ACCIDENTS OUT OF SESSION:
If your child has had an accident at home/park etc, and this has resulted in your child having a visible injury such as bruise/cut etc, it is now a requirement by Suffolk County Council's Safeguarding Children's Board that we must ask you to complete an 'accident out of setting' form when dropping your child off at playgroup.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR):
On 25th May 2018, the GDPR came in force replacing, replacing the previous Data Protection Act 1998. This ensures companies holding personal data are completely transparent on how data is collected and why it is collected. Please see our 'Privacy Notice' for details on how Humpty Dumpty Playgroup uses and protects your data.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS:
If you have a concern, or wish to make a complaint, please speak to either Manager or Deputy Manager. We will deal with your concern or complaint in a confidential and respectful manner, and as quickly as we can. Our 'Complaint's policy' explains our procedures for dealing with concerns and complaints from parents/carers.
Parents/carers can contact Ofsted, if they believe the setting is not meeting the EYFS requirements email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HUMPTY DUMPTY PLAYGROUP POLICIES and PROCEDURES:
Are continually updated to ensure changes to current legislation are implemented into practise. The settings policies are available on request.